TORRES 4 PLEASANT GROVE offers FREE Community Resource Workshops
The dates and locations:
1. When: Tuesday, 2/26/19, 4:30pm- 8pm
Where: Ebenezer Memorial Missionary Baptist Church.
4791 S Buckner Blvd, Dallas, TX,75227
Workshops: A. Senior Services, 4:30-5:30 pm & B. Police Presentation 5:30-6pm, C. Home Ownership, 6-8pm
2. When: Monday, 3/25/19, 5pm- 8pm
Where: Logos Fellowship Church. 842 Hillburn Drive, Dallas, TX 75217
Workshops:A. Senior Services, 5pm, B. Police Presentation 5:45. & C.Section 8 to Home Ownership, 6:15-8pm
3. When: Saturday, 3/30/19, 10am -2:30pm
Where: Pleasant Hills Baptist Church, 1636 N Masters Dr, Dallas, TX 75217
Workshops: A. Section 8 to Home Ownership, 10am & B. Police Presentation 12 & C. Entrepreneurship 12:30-2:30
4. When: Saturday, 4/6/19, 10am -2:30pm
Where: Casa Linda/ PM United Methodist Church,
8301 Bruton Rd Dallas 75217.
Workshops: A. Section 8 to Home Ownership, 10am, B. Police presentation 12pm & C. Entrepreneurship 12:30-2:30
1. Home Ownership Assistance: The City of Dallas has a program to assist qualified individuals to receive down payment assistance to become homeowners.
2. Section 8 to Homeownership: Dallas County has a program to assist those currently participating in Section 8 to receive assistance to become homeowners.
3. Senior Services: The City of Dallas has various programs to benefit our elders, also know as senior citizens and those with disabilities with free dental services, transportation services, utility payment assistance, home repairs, advocacy and more. The requirements are to reside in the city and meet age, income requirements.
4. Entrepreneur Workshop: being lead by Ruth Torres and Pastor Tenison to provide “How To” assistance for those wanting to start a business. Also, seeking to assist those with businesses in home repairs, contractors, foundation, roof, plumbing, electricians, painters, etc. to register as vendors with city and other local government agencies.
5. Dallas Police Department will share information on programs, resources, events, improving response times and safety of reporting cries.
Other important resources will be present or distributed.
Will also be registering people to vote.
Every vote counts! Those who will be 18 years old by May 4, 2019, can vote. Those convicted of a felony can vote after completing probation/parole.